Recipe by **Jubes**
This recipe was torn from a magazine whilst watching my daughter at her swimming squad training. I think it was a Woman's Day. Makes about 2 cups
Top Review by mummamills
excellent recipe. I used a cup of fresh passionfruit, and a cup of lemon juice. This came out fairly tart, but I like it like that :) I got 4 small jars, only one left .......made for Aussie swap june 2010
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 6 passion fruit, pulp and discard the skins
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heatproof bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until combined. Place over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Gradually add all remaining ingredients.
- Whisk over low heat 10-15 minutes, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Do not boil.
- Pour into sterilised jars and seal.
- The bottles can be stored in a cool place but must be refrigerated once opened.