Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was torn from a magazine whilst watching my daughter at her swimming squad training. I think it was a Woman's Day. Makes about 2 cups
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 6 passion fruit, pulp and discard the skins
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a heatproof bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until combined. Place over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Gradually add all remaining ingredients.
- Whisk over low heat 10-15 minutes, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Do not boil.
- Pour into sterilised jars and seal.
- The bottles can be stored in a cool place but must be refrigerated once opened.
excellent recipe. I used a cup of fresh passionfruit, and a cup of lemon juice. This came out fairly tart, but I like it like that :) I got 4 small jars, only one left .......made for Aussie swap june 2010
This is fantastic! Of course, I love both of these flavors. We love it served on English Muffins or pancakes even.
Such a rich and creamy Butter Jubes. I followed this recipe exactly except for I did most of mine in the microwave on a very low setting, and it turned out brilliantly. It tasted as fantastic as it looked. DH & DD absolutley loved it! This butter would make a great filling for a sponge cake, but I dont think there will be any left! I got 2 jars from this recipe, so I will be making more very soon. Thanks **Jubes** a great recipe find. Thanks for sharing.