Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Real Simple May 2006
Make and share this Lemon-Parsley Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add the wine, and cook, stirring frequently until the liquid is absorbed before adding more.
- Add the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring occasionally and waiting until it's absorbed before adding more.
- This should take about 30 minutes total.
- The rice should be tender but still slightly firm.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, Parmesan and remaining butter and stir until the butter melts.
- Spoon into individual bowls and sprinkle with zest and parsley.
This was very good. I could not get my youngest child to try it (and he loves rice), but the rest of us enjoyed it. I thought it could have had a bit more lemon flavor.