Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very easy way to dress up plain rice.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 small lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Bring broth to a boil, stir in rice, cover, reduce heat to low and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add butter, lemon, salt and pepper and fluff with a fork to combine.
- Add parsley, toss gently to combine and serve.
My picky husband loved this. It is a wonderful side! It's refreshing and light. Thanks for the recipe, I will be using it again.
This is a nice simple and flavourful rice dish I've made many a time. I do use Maggi vegetable broth with onions instead of chicken broth since we are vegetarians. The broth already contains salt in it, so I never add more. I love parsley and enjoy this rice dish. I do leave out the butter as well since I try to cut out on putting too much fat in the dish. Since there is actually nothing to saute in this rice dish, for example, onions, garlic, etc., I prefer to leave out the butter. All in all, this is a nice side dish!
This is a great side dish and so easy to make. It was creamy, light and flavorful. It also looked lovely on the plate - very colorful. I'll be making this one again often! Thanks for sharing another great recipe, Lorac!