Recipe by threeovens
This is my husband's version of Giada DeLaurentis' Lemon Basil Potatoes. This recipe imparts a subtle lemon flavor which is livened up by the fresh parsley. Leftovers make excellent potato salad. Just add some veggies and a little mayo, voila!
- 1 lb red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus 2 teaspoons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add potatoes, chicken stock, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 14 teaspoon black pepper to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Add lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of parsley. Toss well; garnish with remaining parsley.