Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
a simple popcorn recipe with lemon parsley butter. Some variations are lime zest and cilantro or orange zest and rosemary. I have had all three.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- pepper (optional)
- 2 quarts hot popped corn
- Microwave the butter, parsley, lemon zest, salt, and pepper uncovered in a small microwave-safe bowl on high power for 1 minute or until butter is melted.
- Place the hot popped corn in a serving bowland pour the butter mixture over it.
- Toss to blend and serve immediately.
This was very clean tasting and yummy. Enjoyed this different recipe for popcorn, thank you!
We don't use a microwave and popped the popcorn the old fashioned way on the stove top.
Didn't have fresh parsley on hand but it was still really good using dried parsley. No salt is necessary because the lemon plays the role quite well on its own. We really liked this! Very different! Thanks for posting!
The whole family enjoyed these popcorn - a real nice and fresh change to the regular popcorn. We had the lemon/parsley combo and my oldest has asked me if we can have it 'whenever we have popcorn' - so it was definitely a success. Thanks for posted. Made for Gimme 5 tag