A neat little taste treat perfect for any party. From Martha Stewart via our local paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- 2Bring 1 cup water, the butter, salt, and cayenne to a boil in a heavy 4-quart saucepan; boil until butter has melted.
- 3Remove from heat; stir in flour.
- 4Return to burner; cook, stirring, until mixture comes together and pulls away from the pan, about 2 minutes more.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Using a wooden spoon, beat in four of the eggs, one at a time, until they are incorporated and batter is smooth.
- 7Stir in zest and herbs.
- 8Transfer mixture to a piping bag, and cut a 1/2-inch opening.
- 9Pipe 1-inch rounds onto prepared baking sheets. (Alternatively, drop rounded teaspoons of batter onto baking sheets lined with parchment. If not using immediately, freeze up to 1 month in airtight containers or resealable plastic bags.).
- 10Whisk together remaining egg and one teaspoon water in a small bowl; lightly brush on top of each puff.
- 11Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Parsley Gougères
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.6
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 111.3 mg
- Sodium 270.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g