Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (15 ounce) cans asparagus spears, drained
- In medium skillet,combine 2 tablespoons butter,sesame seed and onion over medium heat.
- Stirring frequently,cook until sesame seed is lightly browned and onion is tender.
- Add reamaing 6 tablespoons of butter and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley,lemon juice,zest,salt and pepper.
- Place asparagus in microwave safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high power 3-5 minutes until heated through,rotating dish halfway through cooking time.
- Pour butter mixture over asparagus.
- Garnish with additional lemon zest and chopped parsley if desired.