Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The flavors in this recipe remind me of the delicious stuffed, braised artichokes that my mom makes, but it much simpler and quicker to prepare. It is very flavorful and great for a healthy side dish or appetizer. I enjoy citrus flavors -- if you are not as much a fan or do not like stronger lemon flavors you may want to reduce the amount of lemon. I hope you enjoy it!
- 18 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Place artichokes in a colander and, if needed, rinse with cold water to separate. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place artichokes in prepared pie plate. Add lemon juice and parsley; season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, olive oil, and red pepper. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the artichokes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden.
This is an easy, fast and convenient side dish to make. I made a few adjustments: added lemon zest as well as the juice and used shaved parmigiano reggiano vs. grated parmigiano. This is a solid dish, yummy but could use something else to make it great. I just can't put my finger on it quite yet.