Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This comes from the always lovely Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans. This recipe is part of a collection written by Chef Kevin Graham. It is tart, salty, and divine on baby lettuces, and it contains cheese! Need I say more?
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon creole mustard or 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Whisk the oil, egg yolk, and mustard together in a mixing bowl.
- When well combined, slowly incorporate the vinegar and lemon juice.
- Whisk in the Tabasco, pepper, lemon zest, and Parmesan cheese.
- Let sit at room temperature for 2 hours. (If not used after 2 hours, cover and refrigerate.).
- Toss with cleaned, rinsed, and dried bunches of baby greens.