Recipe by English_Rose
These breaded fillets have a zesty crumb with a golden crunch which also works with chicken.
- 4 pork loin steaks
- 3 slices thick white bread, torn into pieces
- 1 lemon, zest
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 4 lemon wedges, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the fat from the steaks, then place, one at a time, between 2 pieces of baking parchment and bash with a rolling pin or meat mallet until about 1/4in thick. Set aside.
- Put the bread, lemon zest, Parmesan, pine nuts and rosemary leaves in the bowl of a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Spread the flour onto a plate and put the egg in a shallow bowl. Season the pork, then dust in flour. Dip each steak into the egg, then press into the crumbs, coating evenly. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the pork for 2-3 mins each side until golden and crunchy. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.