Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a super simple and extremely delicious dessert that looks very elegant when served! My guests thought I had slaved over it all day and one even thought I ordered it in! Very easy, even for first time makers! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons very finely grated lemon zest
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4 tablespoons orange-flavored liquor
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 1 (6 ounce) container fresh raspberries
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Bring cream, 1/2 cup sugar, and lemon zest to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, soften gelatin in 2 generous tablespoons cold water. Whisk softened gelatin and 2 tablespoons orange liquor into cream mixture.
- Pour cream mixture into 8 (4oz) custard cups or ramekins that have been lightly coated with cooking spray (blot excess w/ a paper towel).
- Set custard cups in a shallow pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Partially thaw raspberries and place in a food processor, and add remaining 6 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp orange liquor
- Transfer sauce to a medium bowl.
- Stir in fresh raspberries and let stand about 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, run a thin-bladed knife around each dessert to loosen; turn onto a plate to un-mold. Spoon raspberry sauce around panna cotta and serve!
- I substituted 4 tbsp Raspberry Lemonade(Tropicana, low sugar).
- You can also substitute strawberries for the raspberries!