Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Luscious Lemon Desserts; Lori Longbottom
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons plain gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated lemon zest
- salt, a pinch
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Oil four 5 oz. ramekins.
- Pour ¼ cup cream into a small heatproof bowl, sprinkle gelatin over the cream; let stand 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Place the bowl in a larger bowl of hot water and stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Meanwhile, bring the remaining 1 ½ cups cream, the sugar, zest, and salt to a boil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Decrease heat to low and cook, at a bare simmer, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add the gelatin mixture and the lemon juice, and stir until smooth.
- Pour through a fine strainer into a 4-cup glass measure.
- Divide the cream mixture evenly among the ramekins; let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate, loosely covered, for at least 3 hours or up to 1 day, until set and thoroughly chilled.
- To serve, dip the ramekins, one at a time, into a bowl of hot water for about 5 seconds and run a table knife around the edges.
- Invert the panna cotta onto 4 chilled dessert plates and serve immediately.