Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I just bought Land O Lakes "Best-Loved Recipes Cookbook and am posting several of the recipes that I want to make in the near future.
- 2 cups baking mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 ounces lemon yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup red currant jelly
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen, but thawed)
- Combine all pancake ingredients in medium bowl until smooth.
- Heat lightly greased griddle or frying pan to 350°F or until drops of water sizzle. For each pancake, spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle; spread to form 4-inch circle. Cook until bubbles form on top (1 to 2 minutes). Turn pancakes; continue cooking until browned (1 to 2 minutes). Keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter,.
- Meanwhile, melt jelly in 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat (2 to 3 minutes). Remove from heat. Add strawberries and blueberries; stir gently to coat. Serve over warm pancakes.
- *Substitute 2 cups frozen strawberries, thawed.
- For more lemon flavor, add 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel to pancake batter.
wicked good easy
Wish I could give these pancakes more then five stars! I used Bisquick baking mix, frozen blueberries, and strawberry jelly. Lemon flavor is spot on for me and the berry topping put these pancakes over the edge. Will make these again! Made and reviewed for the 2014 Culinary Quest - Family Picks.
These are fantastic. I easily subbed in a gluten free baking mix with great success. Good lemon flavor and the berry syrup was a nice touch. Thanks for sharing! Culinary Quest '14