Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from the Oak Grove Plantation B&B in Cluster Springs, Virginia. It does make thin, crepe like pancakes which are absolutely delicious. But, if you prefer thicker pancakes, I'm sure you can add a bit more flour and maybe a tsp of baking powder to fluff them up. Enjoy!
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, stir together the egg yolks, flour, cottage cheese, oil, sugar, salt and lemon peel until well mixed.
- With a large spoon or a spatula, fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture. Gently stir until there are no yellow or white streaks.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Grease lightly with non-stick cooking spray and spoon out about 3 large tablespoons of batter for each pancake.
- Cook slowly for about 1 1/2 minutes, then turn the pancake over and cook about 30 seconds.