Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe found in the Food Network Magazine September 2011 edition, with modifications.
Make and share this Lemon Orzo With Mint recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (I used sweet)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, or
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a medium sized pot, bring water to a boil and add the salt, Orzo, paprika.
- Lower to a simmer and cook, covered,12-15 minutes or until tender,.
- stirring occasionally.
- Let cool slightly and then add the mint, lemon zest/juice and green onions.
- Check for seasoning.
Magnificent! So easy and the mint gave it that little something special. My kids really thought this was rice and ate a hearty portion each. I love this and will definitely be making it often. I did take pictures, but am having technical issues with my computer, so I will be back to upload them. Thank you so much Lori Mama! Made for I RECOMMED TAG GAME.
Definitely delicious! Mint is so nice in this. Wouldn't change a thing. Served with grilled chicken and peas. TY, LM.
Great side dish with dinner tonight. Made this with one of my chicken recipes, and made this recipe as written with fresh mint, and cut down to 1 green onion. We all enjoyed it. Loved the mint flavor in this, and so easy to prepare/make. Made for Holiday Tag.