Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great with a loaf of crusty french bread.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Bring chicken broth and water to boil in medium saucepan.
- Stir in orzo, basil and lemon.
- Return to boil, lower heat and simmer 10 minutes or until orzo is tender.
This had very good flavor! My only complaint was that after sitting the orzo soaked up most of the broth so it was not much of a soup anymore! My solution was to throw the leftovers in a skillet and turn them into a creamy pasta dish wish was also pretty tasty!