Recipe by Miss Annie
This is one of those quick lunch salads that tastes great. If you are tired of sandwiches, try this different luncheon salad. Serve with pita chips.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This is a nice light refreshing salad. I'm not very found of raw zucchini so I used half zucchini and half cucumber, with good results. You could go completely with cucumber if you wanted.
- 1 cup orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 small zucchini, diced (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the orzo until tender but firm.
- Drain in a colander; rinse under cold water to cool, and drain well.
- Mix the orzo, zucchini, parsley, and mint in a large bowl with a large spoon.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over the salad and mix with a large spoon.