Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy, light and delicious with a subtle touch of lemon.
Make and share this Lemon Orzo Chicken Soup With Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta, uncooked
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 -2 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, to top
- Het olive oil in a large stock pot. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add lemon zest, red pepper flakes and thyme and cook another 3 minutes. Add spinach and orzo, stir to coat, and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, lemon juice and shreddeed chicken. Bring to a light simmer and cook for 12 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk the 2 tablespoons water with the cornstarch until smooth. Whisk mixture into soup and allow the soup to thicken slightly. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.