1/2 Photos of Lemon Oregano Shrimp over Peppered Couscous
This Middle-Eastern recipe sounds delish and is healthy to boot! It is from Eatingwell.com. They also recommend sprinkling pine nuts and feta cheese over the top!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the marinade
- 1 large garlic clove, minced fine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
For the couscous
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into fine dice
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth (may sub veggie broth)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup couscous
For the sauce
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, oregano, lemon juice, salt, pepper and shrimp. Mix gently and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2To make the couscous, combine the bell pepper, broth, pepper flakes, salt and olive oil in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- 3Stir in the couscous, cover and remove from the heat for five minutes.
- 4Lift the lid and fluff the couscous with a fork. Set aside while cooking the shrimp.
- 5Remove the shrimp from the marinade. Discard marinade.
- 6Heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan until very hot and add the shrimp, making sure not to crowd the pan.
- 7Cook for about 2 minutes per side, until the shrimp curls and is almost opaque.
- 8Add the wine, scraping up the brown bits from the pan. Allow the wine to reduce by almost half, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 9Remove from the heat, add the butter and swirl in until it has thickened the sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- 10Place a scoop of couscous in shallow bowls and top with shrimp. Drizzle sauce over the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Oregano Shrimp over Peppered Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.3
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 1555.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 17.0 g