Recipe by mama smurf
I found this in Cuisine Tonight and it looked and sounded quick, easy and delicious. I haven't tried it yet but when I do I think I will use a few panko crumbs with the breadcrumbs to get them a little crunchier.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest of
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5-6 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs, oregano, salt, pepper and zest in a shallow dish. Set aside 1 tablespoon lemon juice for the aioli. Place remaining lemon juice in another shallow dish. Dip pork chops into lemon juice, then into bread crumb mixture, pressing breading into both sides of pork.
- Heat oil in an oenproof saute pan over medium heat until oil begins to sizzle. Saute pork chops on one side until brown and crispy about 5 minutes. Flip pork chops.
- Transfer saute pan to the oven and roast chops until pork reaches an internal tmeperature of 150 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 10minutes. Carefully remove saute pan from oven. Tent pork loosely with foil; let meat rest 5 minutes.
- Stir together mayonnaise, garlic, paprika and the reserved 1 tablespoon lemon juice for the aioli in a small bowl. Serve pork chops with aioli.