Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Looking for a quick but tasty dinner idea? Serve with rice pilaf and a nice vegetable or salad and you've got a recipe for success. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole chicken legs (thighs with drumsticks, 2 1/3 pounds total)
- In large plastic food bag (or bowl), combine lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic and pepper.
- Trim and discard excess fat from chicken.
- Rinse and place in bag.
- Seal and turn to mix chicken with marinade.
- Let stand 10 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- (You can keep this in refrigerator up to 1 day in advance).
- Remove chicken from marinade and place pieces slightly apart on a rack in broiler pan.
- Reserve marinade.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat, turning as needed to brown evenly, until meat is no longer pink at bone (25 to 30 minutes), basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Good! I have a lot of fresh lemons and this is one of those recipes that makes the most of good quality ingredients. Doubled the recipe for 8 thighs and 5 drumsticks, marinated overnight. Then threw chicken and marinade in a roasting pan and baked at 350 for about 45 minutes. For crispy chicken I'd bake on a rack for the same amount of time. Family enjoyed this tender, flavorful chicken, and I saved the leftovers for chicken salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Good stuff in such little time and very little effort :-) I used freshly squeezed lemon juice, an unrefined extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and I used a half a baby chicken to serve two ie. cutting the recipe for the marinade in half. I did broil, turning part way through. I served this with white Basmati rice and butter & a fresh salad. I may make this again.
I did this quickly one night with some chicken wings & drumsticks that I had & cooked in my electric frypan (because I don't know what broiling is!). I really enjoyed the taste & have done it again since then. I think this would be a great dish to barbeque in the summer time. Cheers Sharlene :)