Recipe by Sharlene~W
Looking for a quick but tasty dinner idea? Serve with rice pilaf and a nice vegetable or salad and you've got a recipe for success. Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Good! I have a lot of fresh lemons and this is one of those recipes that makes the most of good quality ingredients. Doubled the recipe for 8 thighs and 5 drumsticks, marinated overnight. Then threw chicken and marinade in a roasting pan and baked at 350 for about 45 minutes. For crispy chicken I'd bake on a rack for the same amount of time. Family enjoyed this tender, flavorful chicken, and I saved the leftovers for chicken salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole chicken legs (thighs with drumsticks, 2 1/3 pounds total)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large plastic food bag (or bowl), combine lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic and pepper.
- Trim and discard excess fat from chicken.
- Rinse and place in bag.
- Seal and turn to mix chicken with marinade.
- Let stand 10 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- (You can keep this in refrigerator up to 1 day in advance).
- Remove chicken from marinade and place pieces slightly apart on a rack in broiler pan.
- Reserve marinade.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat, turning as needed to brown evenly, until meat is no longer pink at bone (25 to 30 minutes), basting occasionally with reserved marinade.