1/2 Photos of Lemon Orange Rainbow Cake
4 hrs 25 mins
More Sunshine's Note:
This is my brother-in-law's favorite cake. It is a very moist, light, and refreshing cake with a tropical punch flavor. Especially good on a hot day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil and water; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until it is very frothy.
- 3Add the cake mix and beat on low speed until just combined and then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 4Pour into a greased 13x9 inch cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until wooden tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile dissolve Jell-O in boiling water in a small bowl. Add cold water.
- 7Gently prick cake with a fork by putting the fork in cake about three quarters of the way down and carefully pulling the cake back. While fork is still in cake, spoon about a tablespoon of the Jell-O in the prick mark. (You may find it easier to use a liquid measuring cup or a baster instead of spooning the Jell-O in.) Do this at 1/2 inch intervals over the whole cake.
- 8Pour remaining Jell-O over the cake.
- 9Chill, covered, at least 2 hours.
- 10Frost with Cool Whip.
- 11Chill, covered, another 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Orange Rainbow Cake
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.6
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 456.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 47.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g