This is my brother-in-law's favorite cake. It is a very moist, light, and refreshing cake with a tropical punch flavor. Especially good on a hot day.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil and water; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until it is very frothy.
- Add the cake mix and beat on low speed until just combined and then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 inch cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until wooden tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile dissolve Jell-O in boiling water in a small bowl. Add cold water.
- Gently prick cake with a fork by putting the fork in cake about three quarters of the way down and carefully pulling the cake back. While fork is still in cake, spoon about a tablespoon of the Jell-O in the prick mark. (You may find it easier to use a liquid measuring cup or a baster instead of spooning the Jell-O in.) Do this at 1/2 inch intervals over the whole cake.
- Pour remaining Jell-O over the cake.
- Chill, covered, at least 2 hours.
- Frost with Cool Whip.
- Chill, covered, another 2 hours.