A twist on a favorite with two zesty citrus fruits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare pie crust according to package directions, using foil on edges to prevent burning, until completely baked through. Cool completely.
- 2Grate lemon and orange peels with zester, making sure not to get any pith.
- 3Remove segments from membranes and squeeze to release juices and segments in large bowl, making sure to remove any seeds.
- 4Whisk cornstarch, then 3/4 cup of sugar into fruit, breaking up fruit.
- 5Beat in 2 eggs and 3 eggs yolks (reserve whites for meringue).
- 6Stir 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel and all but 1/2 teaspoon orange peel.
- 7Transfer to heavy medium saucepan at medium high heat. Whisk until mixture boils. Continue whisking vigorously 1 minute.
- 8Transfer to bowl and cool completely.
- 9Preheat over to 350.
- 10Spread filling evenly in crust.
- 11Using electric mixer beat reserved 3 egg whites and salt until medium peaks form.
- 12Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and beat about 3 more minutes.
- 13Beat in 1/2 teaspoon orange peel.
- 14Spread over filling and bake until meringue is golden, about 15 minutes.
- 15Cool and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Orange Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 132.1 mg
- Sodium 410.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 35.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g