Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A twist on a favorite with two zesty citrus fruits.
Make and share this Lemon-Orange Meringue Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions, using foil on edges to prevent burning, until completely baked through. Cool completely.
- Grate lemon and orange peels with zester, making sure not to get any pith.
- Remove segments from membranes and squeeze to release juices and segments in large bowl, making sure to remove any seeds.
- Whisk cornstarch, then 3/4 cup of sugar into fruit, breaking up fruit.
- Beat in 2 eggs and 3 eggs yolks (reserve whites for meringue).
- Stir 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel and all but 1/2 teaspoon orange peel.
- Transfer to heavy medium saucepan at medium high heat. Whisk until mixture boils. Continue whisking vigorously 1 minute.
- Transfer to bowl and cool completely.
- Preheat over to 350.
- Spread filling evenly in crust.
- Using electric mixer beat reserved 3 egg whites and salt until medium peaks form.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and beat about 3 more minutes.
- Beat in 1/2 teaspoon orange peel.
- Spread over filling and bake until meringue is golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.