Recipe by MSMD310
an easy and very low fat cookie that is suitable for passover. Using citrus juice stabilizes the meringue so you don't need cream of tartar or vinegar. This makes a light cookie that is chewy inside- if you'd like a drier meringue you can bake at 250 for an hour then turn the oven off and leave it in for another hour- those taste more like the meringues you can buy at the store
Top Review by Little Esel
These are very tasty! I browned them a bit too much - and they ended up tasting like perfectly roasted marshmellows! My husband and I ate the whole batch standing over the cookie sheet - oops.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- beat egg whites on high until light and frothy- (room temperature egg whites whip up better).
- continue beating and add sugar one tablespoon at a time until shiny.
- continue beating and add in lemon or lime juice.
- continue beating until stiff peaks form- don't underbeat!
- drop in small spoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 until lightly browned.
- be sure to store in an airtight container to maintain their texture.