an easy and very low fat cookie that is suitable for passover. Using citrus juice stabilizes the meringue so you don't need cream of tartar or vinegar. This makes a light cookie that is chewy inside- if you'd like a drier meringue you can bake at 250 for an hour then turn the oven off and leave it in for another hour- those taste more like the meringues you can buy at the store
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2beat egg whites on high until light and frothy- (room temperature egg whites whip up better).
- 3continue beating and add sugar one tablespoon at a time until shiny.
- 4continue beating and add in lemon or lime juice.
- 5continue beating until stiff peaks form- don't underbeat!
- 6drop in small spoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- 7bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 until lightly browned.
- 8be sure to store in an airtight container to maintain their texture.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon or Lime Meringue Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g