Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best lemon cake I've ever had! From Woman's Day. You can use lime zest and juice in place of lemon for a nice change of pace. Everyone will want this recipe!
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Spray cooking spray into a 12 cup Bundt pan.
- Mix together flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat butter, sugar, lemon zest and juice with mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, until well-blended.
- With mixer on low, alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk until the batter is smooth.
- Scrape into the prepared Bundt pan; level the top with a spatula.
- Bake 55-65 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk glaze ingredients in a small bowl (sugar may not be dissolved all the way).
- Invert cake from pan to plate.
- Brush glaze all over hot cake (sugar crystals will be evident).
- Let cake rest several hours before serving.
- Store cake at room temperature up to 4 days.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with blueberry or strawberry preserves.