1 hr 10 mins
The best lemon cake I've ever had! From Woman's Day. You can use lime zest and juice in place of lemon for a nice change of pace. Everyone will want this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1Heat oven to 325°F
- 2Spray cooking spray into a 12 cup Bundt pan.
- 3Mix together flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, set aside.
- 4In medium bowl, beat butter, sugar, lemon zest and juice with mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 5Beat in the eggs one at a time, until well-blended.
- 6With mixer on low, alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk until the batter is smooth.
- 7Scrape into the prepared Bundt pan; level the top with a spatula.
- 8Bake 55-65 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- 9Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, whisk glaze ingredients in a small bowl (sugar may not be dissolved all the way).
- 11Invert cake from pan to plate.
- 12Brush glaze all over hot cake (sugar crystals will be evident).
- 13Let cake rest several hours before serving.
- 14Store cake at room temperature up to 4 days.
- 15Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with blueberry or strawberry preserves.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon (Or Lime) Cornmeal Cake
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.9
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 134.3 mg
- Sodium 310.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 56.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g