Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A lightly flavoured Biscotti with the crunch of macadamia nuts. These nuts are supposed to be very good for you so I tell myself I am eating healthy :) This recipe was one among my "Healthy Recipe Cards". I love these with a nice hot cup of coffee or tea.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup whole meal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of (I prefer lemon) or 2 limes, juice and zest of (I prefer lemon)
- 1 cup roasted raw macadamia nuts (leave whole)
- Preheat oven to 200'C.
- Sift the flours, baking powder and sugar into a bowl and stir to mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, nuts, juice and rind of either the lemons or limes.
- Add the egg mix to the dry ingredients and mix to form a stiff dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured board and divide into two and shape into 2 logs.
- Place the 2 logs onto a baking tray which has been lined with a piece of baking paper, or has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 200'C for 15minutes.
- Remove logs from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cut into thin slices (I use a bread knife for this) and place in a single layer onto a baking paper lined baking tray.
- Return to oven which has been turned down to 150'C and bake for 10mins or until firm and golden.
- When cold store in an airtight container.