Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I like this recipe because its simple and if you have children they can help with this one. Plus its a bit tart and sweet too. I have been making this pie for some years now. Best tip is to let your cream cheese get room temp, or heat in microwave unwrapped for 10-15 sec.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice or 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Mix the first three ingredients together till smooth, then fold in the cool whip. Once the cool whip is completely folded into the mix pour into the pie shell and allow to chill no less than 2 hours.
This was really quite easy and very good. Lemon icebox pie is my DH's favorite so I made this for his birthday. I thought it could be just a little more lemon-y (personal preference), but it didn't diminish how much we all enjoyed it! (I also micro-grated some lemon rind into the mix as well as some on top for garnish.)
THis was good but REALLY limey in flavor ( iused key limes). SO much so that the kids didn't want to eat it. I. however, LOVE lime and this was just fine for me! SO the no stars plus the 5 stars give it a solid three stars...
very good, very easy recipe. Used key limes and grated some lime zest in the mixture. Will make again.