Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup french breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chopped pitted ripe olives, about 18 to 20 extra-large olives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Process bread crumbs in food processor as fine as possible.
- Add olives, lemon peel, lemon juice, mustard, and garlic; process to a paste like consistency.
- Use the mixture as an appetizer spread on french bread slices with a wedge of tomato as shown, as a flavoring with fish or chicken, or tossed with hot cooked pasta.