1 hr 5 mins
This came from Epicurious , with just a couple of changes. It is a lovely light cake without any dairy products. it would be lovely with rasberries and ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Grease a springform pan with some oil , then line the base with parchment paper and grease the paper.
- 3Finely grate lemon zest from the lemon, and whisk together with the flour,reserve.
- 4Sqeeze juice from the lemon and reserve.
- 5Beat together, egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer at high speed until thick and pale ( 3 mins ) Reduce speed and add olive oil and reserved lemon juice, beating until just combined ( mix may look seperated )Using a wooden spoon stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- 6Beat the 4 egg whites and 1/2 tsp salt in a clean bowl, and beat until frothy, then add 1/4 cup sugar a little at a time, beating until egg whites form soft peaks ( 3 mins ).
- 7Gently fold 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture, then fold in remaining whites, gently but thoroughly.
- 8Transfer batter to springform pan.Sprinkle top with the 2 tbsps sugar.
- 9Baake until puffed and golden, and a wooden pick comes out clean ( 45 mins ).
- 10Cool cake on rack for 10 mins then run a thin knife around edge and remove side of pan.
- 11Cool cake to room temp and remove bottom of pan and peel off parchment paper and transfer to serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Olive Oil Cake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.1
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 176.2 mg
- Sodium 253.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g