Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This recipe is for the oil itself, but following it will be a recipe for the dressing. The oil makes a nice gift to make when you put it into a pretty bottle with a nice raffia ribbon and a decoration. Write the recipe for the dressing on a tag and give it to a friend.
- 6 large ripe lemons
- 4 cups of good extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE DRESSING(use 5 Tablespoons of the above lemon-olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the lemons with a potato peeler being very careful not to remove the white of the lemon.
- Place the peel only in a morter with 1/4 cup of the obove olive oil.
- Pound and rub for one minute or more.
- Remove to a sterile glass jar.
- Add the rest of the oil.
- Marinate for 4 days at room temperature.
- Strain and discard peel.
- FOR THE DRESSING:.
- Mix the Lemon-Olive Oil, mustard, and mayonnaise whisking all the time, and put onto your favorite salad or antipasto.