Recipe by Mille®
Lemon Olive Bacon Cheese Meatballs
Top Review by JustJanS
A *****+ recipe Miller. We truly enjoyed this recipe tonight thank you! It's so simple, but once cooked, you can taste all the different ingredients as you eat the meatballs. We added the zest of half a lemon (as we love lemon) but otherwise didn't change a thing. I can imagine these meatballs halved for appetisers, or made into the most impressive meatloaf.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 olives, minced
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 4 fluid ounces milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Partially cook the bacon, keeping it from curling.
- Mix all the other ingredients except bacon; shape the mixture into 12 balls.
- Wrap a bacon slice around each ball; fasten with a toothpick.
- Arrange in a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 40 minutes, turning once or twice.