Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crunchy, lemony oatmeal cookies - my favorite! Prep time includes 30 minutes for the dough to chill.
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
- Beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients (except powdered sugar) and mix well.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1" balls.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in powdered sugar.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are light golden brown.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minutes before removing to cooling rack.