Recipe by Darlene10
This recipe appeared in the local newspaper and came from one of the Best of Bridge series. If you like lemon, this has to be the bar for you.
Top Review by ReeLani
Oh wow! Very easy to mix up, and the lemon taste was so lovely. I've only had a tiny bite so far, but I love the texture and flavor both. I did use the fat free sweetened condensed milk, which has a slightly grainy texture, but it's a great dessert even so, and I know I'll be making it again.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 lemon, grated, zest of
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 (10 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and rolled oats.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Press half the mixture into lightly greased 9" square pan.
- Combine lemon zest, juice and condensed milk and pour over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crust mixture over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Chill before serving.
- Freezes well.