Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a website can't remember which one, a recipe that I find good enough to share.
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh or finely chopped dried fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal (I use crushed cornflakes instead sometimes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream the oil and the sugar with a blender till light and fluffy.
- Add the egg whites, the lemon juice, rind and the essence and beat at medium speed till everything is well beaten.
- Around 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the flour and the oatmeal and the baking powder and soda.
- Continue to beat at medium speed till they are incorporated.
- Lastly stir in the cereal by hand and drop onto a cookie sheet lined with foil if reqd.
- Bake for 8 to 10 mins till cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove onto a wire rack and cool.