Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Quaker Oats, sounds good!
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients except powdered sugar; mix well.
- Cover; chill 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in powdered sugar.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
These cookies were very easy to make and tasted very good. Make sure you have a tall glass of cold milk... yum... Bdavis - Hudson, FL
I cut this recipe off a box of Quaker Oats a couple years ago and have used this recipe often. It is a really tasty cookie and quite easy to make.