- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients except powdered sugar; mix well.
- Cover; chill 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in powdered sugar.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.