- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups nestle toll house premium white chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or 1 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and lemon juice; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels, nuts and lemon peel. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.