Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This gluten-free cake comes from Epicurious. I've made it twice and absolutely adore it. I'm not gluten-free myself but it doesn't stop me from enjoying this recipe. Originally recipe here: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Lemon-Nut-Torte-with-Summer-Berries-354271#ixzz1XbVL1QRr
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup almond flour (found at health food stores)
- 1 tablespoon almond flour (found at health food stores)
- 1⁄3 cup cornflour (finely ground cornmeal)
- 4 large eggs, yolks and whites divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Line an 8" or 9" springform pan with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar and flours in a bowl.
- Whip 1/3 cup sugar and egg yolks in another bowl with an electric mixer about 5 minutes.
- Beat in zest, oil, lemon juice, and orange juice.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Beat egg whites and salt in a third bowl with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Beat in remaining 1/3 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of egg-white mixture into batter. Fold in remaining egg white mixture in two parts, mixing well.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven; cool. Invert pan, remove parchment, and turn cake right side up onto a plate.