Sue Lau's Note:
Great when relaxing with a cup of hot tea or cappuccino. Nice, light, and refreshing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Grease baking sheet.
- 3Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, pecans, lemon zest, and salt in mixing bowl.
- 4Using pastry blender or fork, mix in butter until flour resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Beat together eggs and half and half; fold into dough and knead slightly until just blended.
- 6Do not overmix.
- 7Divide dough into 4 parts.
- 8Gently pat each part into a patty about 1" thick and use a biscuit cutter or floured glass to cut scone shapes.
- 9Do the same with the other parts.
- 10Be gentle patting the excess dough back together to recycle.
- 11If you handle too much, the dough becomes tough.
- 12Place scones on greased baking sheet; sprinkle tops with turbinado sugar, if desired.
- 13Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until light golden.
- 14Serve warm, or cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Nut Scones
Serving Size: 1 (623 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 187.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of