Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemons, rind of
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream together butter or margarine and sugar yntill mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and shredded lemon peel.
- Beat thoroughly.
- Stir together flour,baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk,beating well after each addition.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 8 1/2x4 1/2x2/12 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool on rack.