Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Great for breakfast, packing in lunches, and having with a relaxing cup of tea. Make an extra loaf to give to a special friend! :)
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs.
- Add combined dry ingredients to creamed mixture, alternating with milk and juice, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in nuts and rind.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x5" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out fairly clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove from pan.
Yummy! I added extra zest and chopped hazelnuts. Very tasty.
Not sure what I did wrong, but this turned out kinda dry when eaten by itself. When we ate it with butter and/or jam it helped. I like the idea of a loaf made from lemons so I will try again.
Nice, really nice! As it turned out, I was out of fresh lemons and all out of my frozen zest.....so I used fresh oranges for both the zest and the juice. Very enjoyable! Can't wait to make with lemons!