Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from New Hampshire Police Association Cookbook. The recipe was submitted Rose Mosto.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- In medium bowl, combine butter and sugar; beat well.
- Add eggs, lemon peel, extract and milk.
- Beat by hand to blend.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in pecans.
- Turn batter into greased and floured 9x5x3 loaf pan, or 4-5 mini-loaf pans.
- Fill pans half full of batter.
- Bake 45-60 minutes in preheated 350 oven.
- Check with toothpick to see if it is completely baked.
This is very good! It's lemony, moist and I bet it will be even better tomorrow. It was also very easy to make. My oven was running a little hot, and mine got a little darker than I would have liked, but that isn't the fault of the recipe. Thank you very much for posting this lovely recipe.