Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
You will need 4 3" cans (chicken, tuna) well washed and dried for these recipes..choice of crumbs is up to you...sometimes I use leftover cookies, cereal, vanilla, graham cracker...it is nice to drizzle some topping of your choice on dessert plate before serving..I LIKE TO SUBSTITUTE LIME INGREDIENTS FOR LEMON...
- 1 cup vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 ounce knox unflavored gelatin
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Prepare crust and press into bottom and up sides of 3" can. Chill while preparing the batter.
- Soften gelatin in warm water for 5 minutes. Stir to completely dissolve.
- Add cream cheese, sugar and sour cream to gelatin --
- Blend well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour equal portions into each can -- and chill till firm.
- Run smooth knife around inside of can and invert onto saucer.
- Invert onto dessert plate crumb side down.
- When presenting, it is nice to use a thin lemon slice on top --
- This recipe is also good with lime juice.