Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love the lemon taste - to make a Greek style potatoe add some Oregano for the final 5 minutes of cooking - Lovely with lamb
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, scrubbed,cut into thick wedges
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- Combine water, lemon& garlic in a saucepan.
- Add salt& Pepper.
- Add potatoes, bring to a boil, lower heat cover& cook apprx 10 minutes, uncover and cook a further 5 minutes Do not over cook, the cooking time depends a lot on how thick you cut the wedges.
- Most of the moisture should have evaporated by the end of the cooking.
A nice change from plain steamed potatoes. I used fresh lemon juice, and the oregano. Served with grilled salmon and asparagus. Nice combination! Will try next time with some fresh lemon-mint I have growing in backyard.
These are lemony good and healthy! I added lemon zest, too, since I had the juice fresh, and added the suggested oregano. I served with sugarpea's Coffee and Vinegar Pot Roast #79523, would love to try these again with mint instead of oregano. Thanks Bergy!