Recipe by Chrissyo
Leaves from an Australian native tree are used for this recipe. I have worked on this recipe for some time now. It is slowly improving.
- 250 g white sugar or 250 g raw sugar
- 250 g butter
- 500 g sifted self raising flour
- 4 eggs (or 1/3 emu egg)
- 25 g ground lemon myrtle, leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix together the sifted flour and Lemon Myrtle.
- Once the eggs are combined stir in the flour and Lemon Myrtle mix until combined. Do not over mix the dough.
- Roll dough mixute into small balls about the size of a walnut. Place on to greased biscuit baking trays.
- With a floured fork, press each ball slightly.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a tray.
- Store in an airtight container.