Top Review by Chef jimstac98
I have used this recipe for years and my family loves it every time. I omit the basil and/or oregano and the red pepper. I, also, bake mine instead of broiling as my oven gets a lot hotter than it is supposed to (by around 100 degrees). I double the sauce so we have extra sauce at the end to slather on the chicken breasts too. Everybody goes crazy every time I make it. Great reciep! :-)
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs meaty chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin chicken.
- Place chicken pieces,bone side up on unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4-5 inches from the heat,about 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile in a bowl stir together oil,mustard,lemon juice,lemon pepper seasoning,oregano and red pepper.
- Brush mustard mixture onto chicken.
- Turn chicken,brush with remaning mixture.
- Broil for 5-15 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink.