Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Received from a friend.
- 3 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken pieces on an unheated broiler pan, broil 4 inches from heat for 15 minutes, until light golden brown.
- While broiling -- in a bowl stir together oil mustard lemon juice lemon pepper oregano red pepper salt & pepper.
- Brush mustard mixture onto chicken turn chicken brush with remaining mixture.
- Broil for 5-10 minutes longer, until chicken is no longer pink.
- EDITED to changed red peppers to red pepper flakes.
Followed recipe as is and they came out juicy. A simple dish, but very delicious. Not too sweet or mustardy. Just right. Smells good too while cooking! Served it with Recipe #302284. Thanks for sharing this,Jen's Kitchen!
I don't know if my lemon pepper has more pepper than normal, but this was almost too peppery to eat. I used a scant 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper-I guess that was what was meant by "red peppers". I also used several shakes of salt & pepper, but not what I'd think of as "out of the ordinary". I may try this again, using no extra pepper & much less lemon pepper.
This was delicious and oh so easy. One exceptional thing is the cooking method. It made an incredibly moist breast, far moister than pan frying. I will be using this method often. Clears up the stove top with less need to monitor (i kept the rack one level lower than normal broiling for browning)and used a skillet. Flavors were simple and good and a snap to put together.