Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lightly flavored sauce that can be served over chicken, fish or pasta. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (a 5 ounce can drained is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (I like Dry Vermouth)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken broth (canned is fine)
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan, add the butter and stir until melted.
- Add the flour, and stir until a paste has formed.
- Add all the wine and lemon juice, followed by 3/4 of the chicken broth. Add the mushrooms. Then Bring to a simmer, and if the sauce is too thick, slowly add the rest of the broth.
This was wonderful over tilapia. The lemon flavor is right on. I added some parsley and black pepper. Loved it. Thanks for the yummy recipe.
This was delicious!! I'm not much of a wine drinker so next time i would simmer it longer or use less wine. It was excellent with lemon pepper chicken!