Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lemony mushrooms piled on tender lettuce leaves.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- butter lettuce
- Make the dressing: combine the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well and refrigerate until well chilled; shake well before using.
- Make the salad: place mushrooms in a bowl; pour on dressing and toss gently; cover and refrigerate 4-5 hours.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on individual plates; using a slotted spoon, divide mushrooms among plates.
- Spoon some dressing over each salad; serve immediately.