Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Loaded with flavors, this healthy entree comes together in a snap.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 teaspoons flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken 1 piece at a time, shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat cook chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add 1/3 cup broth, to the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits, and bring to a boil.
- Add mushrooms, cook and stir 3-5 minutes or untrl tender.
- Combine the remaining flour and broth until smooth, and stir into the mushroom mixture.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve with chicken.
My husband says this is a keeper. Nothing more to say. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)
Simple, and delicious lemon mushroom gravy. I am a mushroom lover, I think I will add more mushrooms next time.
So simple and good. Loved the combination of the lemon juice with the mushrooms. Thanks weekend cooker for a nice meal. Made for Adopt A Tag.